Board of Governors
Chairperson: Rev. J. Sloan Designated Child Protection Governor
Vice-Chairperson: Mr N. Sloan
E.A. Representatives (two members)
Mr T. Clarke
Mr R. Sheridan
Transferors’ Representatives (four members)
Dr. M. Mills Deputy Designated Child Protection Governor
Mr T. McNeilly
Rev. J. Sloan
Mr R. Livingston
Mr N. Sloan
Mrs. R. Weir
Teachers’ Representative (one member)
Mrs. L. Wilson
Principal and Secretary to the Board of Governors
Mrs. C. Humphrey
Duties of the Board of Governors
- Governors are responsible for the use of funds allocated to the school by the Area Board.
- Governors are responsible for ensuring that the teachers have the necessary facilities to provide a curriculum which meets the requirements of the Education Order and for producing a policy in relation to the curriculum.
- Governors are required to ensure that the appropriate arrangements are made for the admission of pupils to the school and for drawing up criteria which will be used for selection in the event that the number of pupils seeking to be enrolled exceeds the number of places available.
- The complement of staff in the school, both teaching and non-teaching, is controlled by the Governors and arrangements for dealing with issues involving Human Resources within the school also fall within their remit.
• If you need to contact the board of Governors for any reason, please put it in writing, addressed to the Chairman of the Board of Governors.